Everything you need to start your own food service business. The course format will be on zoom with discussion, research, video, case studies, practical sessions and presentations.
''a must for anyone setting up a Food Business. The course is great and very easy to learn from- makes learning fun. ' Derek Nagle , Ballybunion. April 2019
Session One - Two hour introductory session as below.
Monday September 7th
Introductory Session 2-4pm
Tuesday September 8th
9.00am – 1.15pm
Following sessions will take place weekly on
Monday afternoons 1.30-5.45pm
Tuesday mornings 9.00am-1.15pm
Up to and including November 18th
(With the exception of October Bank Holiday when sessions will be on Tuesday 27th afternoon and Wednesday 28th morning).
Subjects: Each four hour session will be divided into two subjects, for example
Menu Planning: 1.30-3.30pm
Coffee Best Practice: 3.45 –5.45 pm
Full Course timetable will be sent to each student with pre course pack.
Course begins on September 7th 2020
Course schedule - Beginning on September 7th 2020 and running through to November 18th 2020
Up to 40% Skillnet funding may be available to Irish Residents
Please contact Siobhan at NOTS Skillnet at 0719640688 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Blathnaid Bergin - The Restaurant Advisor
Deirdre Coleman - Interior Design
Dr.Detta Melia - Food Safety
Amy O' Leary - Marketing/Social Media Marketing.
Anne Abberton - FIXX Coffee
Online learning platforms
Anyone who is thinking of opening a cafe, restaurant, pub with food, coffee shop or any iteration of above.
'The best course I have ever done, and I have done a lot of courses. I honestly am unable to think of how this course could possibly be improved on' Lucille Boland, February 2019
• Concept development
• Customer Segmentation
• Legal Obligations in Food Service
• Menu Planning
• Menu Costing and Pricing
• Menu Design
• Food Quality Control Systems.
• Building an environmentally sustainable business.
• Managing overhead costs.
• Managing and Minimising Utilities costs.
• Recognising and eliminating Hidden Costs.
• Waste Management across the business
• Waste Management Systems.
• Kitchen Planning
• Kitchen Design/Flow – equipment needs
• Kitchen Operations Management Systems
• Dealing with chefs/cooks.
• Standard Recipes
• Standard Operating Procedures
• Order of Work System.
• Front of house design tips
• Counter Design/Flow /equipment needs
• All things Coffee
• Front of House Operations Management Systems
• Service Skills for Front of House – best practice.
• COVID19 Regulations and their impact on operations management.
• Financial Controls and best practice in a food service business.
• Primary Cert in Food Safety – National Hygiene Partnership
• Bringing it all together.
A strong, practical 'tool kit' to get you started on your business journey.
A comprehensive folder of notes to reference.
A tried and trusted framework.
Includes a pre-course pack, all course materials and two one to one sessions with each participant during the course.