WHY DO IT?
1. You will save a fortune.
2. You will avoid the mistakes others make.
3. You will make informed decisions and spend your money wisely.
4. You will leave with The Business of Food Bible.
5. There is 40% funding from the National Organic Training Skillnet.
Practical, professional, honest.
"This course is a MUST for anyone intending to go into, or change their existing food business.
Every aspect of the course is informative and no matter how much you think you already know, you will learn so much more.
Before you spend your savings or take eout a loan to spend on an idea, INVEST in this course". Sinead Gillard.
12 Days over three months beginning on Tuesday ,September 26th, 2023 in Preston House, Abbeyleix, Co. Laois
Next course dates - September 2023.
November 20th ( Monday)
December 4th & 5th (Monday & Tuesday)
9.00am - 5.00pm
Coffee breaks in morning and afternoon.
Light lunch at 1.00pm
“Skillnet funding may be available to Irish companies and residents who fulfil the eligibility requirements. Please contact by emailing email@example.com or go to www.nots.ie for more information” 00353719640688.
Kitchen and Front of House Operations Management; Hospitality Service & Customer Care Skills, : Blathnaid Bergin – Owner The Business of Food:
Anne Abberton -FIXX Coffee
Interior Design – Gwen Kenny - -Divine Design
Marc Thornton – Marketing - DTA Marketing
John Carolan – Accounting & Finance - Solve Accounting
Dr. Detta Melia – Food Safety-Dr. Detta Melia
Onsite at the beautiful, historic Preston House in the Heritage town of Abbeyleix, Co. Laois.
Abbeyleix is 10-15 minutes drive off Limerick and Cork motorways and easily accessible from all other routes as we are conveniently located in the midlands.
Preston House has six rooms to rent and is offering a special rate for our students. Please let them know if you are booking a room.
This course is for you if
You are planning to open a cafe, restaurant, add food to your pub, coffee shop or other food service business.
You are already in business and would like to improve your bottom line profits and increase the efficiency of your operations.
• A Comprehensive Guide to Opening and Running your own Cafe/ Restaurant or Pub Food Operation.
. Concept development
• Marketing & Customer Segmentation
Digital Marketing - Introduction to Social Media Platforms and how to use them to get your message out there.
• Legal Obligations in Food Service
• Menu Planning
• Menu Costing and Pricing
• Menu Design
• Food Quality Control Systems.
• Building an environmentally sustainable business.
• Managing overhead costs.
• Managing and Minimising Utilities costs.
• Recognising and eliminating Hidden Costs.
• Waste Management across the business
• Waste Management Systems.
• Kitchen Planning
• Kitchen Design/Flow – equipment needs
• Kitchen Operations Management Systems
• Primary Cert in Food Safety – National Hygiene Partnership
• Standard Recipes
• Standard Operating Procedures
• Order of Work System.
• Front of house design tips
• Counter Design/Flow /equipment needs
• All things Coffee
• Front of House Operations Management Systems
• Hospitality Service Skills & Customer Care Training - NEW- for Front of House.
• Financial Controls and accounting best practice in a food service business.
• Bringing it all together.
And much more.
A strong, practical 'tool kit' to get you started on your business journey.
A comprehensive folder of notes to reference.
A tried and trusted framework.
All course materials in hard copy.
Folders, paper, workshops materials.
Coffee and tea breaks, light lunch each day.
Includes a pre-course pack, all course materials and one sessions with Blathnaid Bergin for each participant during the course.
There is up to 40% funding available on our courses for eligible candidates from the National Organic Training Skillnet. Contact NOTSat firstname.lastname@example.org 0719640688.